When it comes to your cardiovascular health, it’s perfectly normal to have some questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and answers from Cardiology First:
- When will your office be open?
- Our new cardiology practice location in Cibolo, Texas is planned to open in early 2023. To stay in the loop with updates and practice news, please check our website or follow us on social media, where we will will be posting updates regularly.
- Does my family history affect my health?
- Almost all health outcomes are the result of a combination of genetic predisposition and environmental exposure to other factors. If you have a family history of cardiovascular disease, it’s important to remain vigilant to prevent disease.
- How can I improve my heart health?
- The first steps to better heart health are maintaining a heart-healthy diet, exercising regularly, and taking age-appropriate preventative measures to evaluate your risk factors.
- When should I see a cardiologist?
- You should schedule an appointment with Cardiology First if you experience any of the following: Chest pain, High blood pressure, Shortness of breath, dizziness, or palpitations, You have diabetes, You have a history of smoking, High cholesterol, Family history of heart disease, Peripheral arterial disease.
- Will you accept my insurance?
- Dr. Adamson plans to accept most major insurance. We are in the process of adding more plans to our practice and recommend that you contact our office to confirm that your insurance is accepted.
- What are your COVID-19 protocols?
- The safety of our patients and our staff is our highest priority. We are following the recommended guidelines advised by the CDC.
- How do I prepare for a clinic appointment?
- To save time at your initial visit, please: Ensure you have contacted our office to pre-authorize your coverage with your insurance carrier. Wear comfortable clothing. Let us know in advance if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment.